Friday, May 10, 2013

Field work/planting in full swing in Richland County

Just some observations from the road as I traveled around various regions of the county this week.

  • It appears as though the Western edge of the county received a little more moisture than other parts.  Ditches and creeks between Lambert and Richey seemed to have a little more water in them than did other areas.
  • Winter wheat looks to be coming along alright for the most part.  Granted this was observed through the window of a pickup (going the speed limit, of course) but the fields of winter wheat that I saw looked pretty good.
  • Spring tillage and seeding is definitely in full swing.  Such has been the case for the past two weeks now but I did not see too many fields that weren't at least tilled.
  • Rangeland in the area is progressing nicely as well.  Pastures and CRP ground is really starting to green up.
These are just a few of the observations that I made.  I would love to hear from others as to what they are seeing/doing and whether or not they agree with what I've seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment